When reviewing the VirusBarrier logs, you might see an entry for a file that indicates "partially scanned". Please note that this is normal, expected behavior and no further action is necessary. Below is a list of reasons why you might see a partial scan:
- An archive that is protected by a password. (Obviously, VirusBarrier cannot enter a password)
- Incomplete downloaded file
- Disk image requiring a license validation.
- System file using a special archive format, that can not be decompressed (A few examples: archive.pax.gz, test.tar, wilogo_gif.uu, dna_small_gif.uu, etc)
- Files considered by the System to be an archive, but isn't (IE : A file created under Mac OS 9 without any file extension, whose HFS attributes were lost during its last copy.)
- Default archive timeout reached by a very large archive. (See "Archives" tab under "Scan Settings" button.)
- Corrupted file