The Intego Settings Packer is used to create and deploy customizedIntego Settings Packer 3 settings to a large number of Mac computers that have Intego software installed. You can download the Intego Settings Packer from the link below:
Settings Packer is easy to use. Just follow these steps:
- First, install and configure your VirusBarrier, NetBarrier, ContentBarrier and/or NetUpdate software on a master computer using your installer. (Click here if you need to download your installer again) This will be the "master configuration" that you need to deploy. (NOTE: Settings Packer does NOT install Intego Software. You must use your Intego installer first to install any software you may have purchased before using this)
- Now, open the Intego software that you wish to deploy and modify the settings and preferences so that they are configured the way you want the software to be used on all of the Macs in your environment or lab.
- Once you have your software configured to your liking, launch the Settings Packer on this master computer by double-clicking the file you downloaded from the link at the top of this article.
- In the applications list, check the boxes of the applications for which you need to deploy customized settings and then click on the "Create package…" button.
- Settings Packer will ask for an admin password and then it will generate a ".pkg" file (a standard Mac OS X Installer package).
- When you install this package, the settings are "installed" on the computer. Typically, you can install (deploy) this package with tools like Apple Remote Desktop with the "Install" functionality. The package file will look something like this in Finder:
For information on using Apple Remote Desktop to deploy packages, please click the link below: