Personal Backup X9 allows a user to automatically eject an external disk at the completion of a backup using the Automator.
The steps below will help configure Personal Backup to eject an external disk after a backup.
- Launch Personal Backup.
- Select the task.
- Click on "Edit Settings".
- Under "Advanced Settings", click "Change…".
- Under "After running", check "Perform Actions".
- Drag and drop a "Get Specified Finder Items" action from "Automator Library" to the area underneath "Perform Actions".
- Open Finder.
- Under the Go Menu, click Computer (shortcut = Shift Cmd C).
- Select your destination drive in the window, drag and drop it on the top "Get Specified Finder Items" You should see a green (+) below the pointer to tell you the drop zone has been reached.
- Locate the 'Eject Disk' from the Automator Library, drag and drop it on the top "Get Specified Finder Items". You should see a green (+) below the pointer to tell you the drop zone has been reached.
- Click Apply.
Note: When you're done it should look like the screenshot above.